The role is key to ensuring project works are adequately planned and coordinated, ensuring compliance with the PDSW standards during the planning phase.
- Make provision for compliance with the following PDSW, access planning documents during the planning phase: –
- NR/L2/OHS/O19 – Planning and delivering safe work – Safety of people at work on or near the line.
- NR/L3/OHS/O19-IP – Planning and delivering safe work – Implementation principles for infrastructure Projects.
- NWR Possession Planning System (PPS).
- NWR Engineering Access Statement (Rules of the of Route).
- NWR Green Zone Access Controller (GZAC).
- Responsible for ensuring worksites and line blocks are compliant with PPS and suitable for the works.
- Communicate on a regular basis with SSOW Planners and Responsible Managers the planned worksite/possessions and any late changes that may affect the planned works.
- Coordinate with Responsible Managers to ensure all aspects of works are covered.
- Coordinate with 25kv Isolation Planners to ensure Isolation limits are incorporated in planned worksite/possessions (if required).
- Record all aspects of possession planning/Line blocks booked and ensure adequate provision, review, audit and improvement as required.
- Ability to travel to different locations as and when required.
- Ability to plan and forecast future requirements.
- Conversant with Railway Legislations.
- Write Access to PPS.
- Write Access to GZAC.
- Understanding of railway access planning tools e.g. track access diagrams, quail maps etc
- Experience in planning projects, ideally within the railway industry and OLE.
- Understanding of NR/L2/OHS/019 – Planning and Delivering Safe Work, Safety of people at work on or near the line.