The job holder will provide day-to-day duties as Route Clearance Construction Manager to oversee safe delivery of the sub-contract works.
- Liaise with AMP team to arrange implementing of AMP process in relation to Route Clearance
- Agree Race-cards with Sub-contractor prior to submitting to planning team
- Attend Weekly PDR and White board meetings
- Agree disruptive works with Sub-contractor and liaise with planning team
- Co-ordinate SSOW and any resource requirements between planning team and Sub-contractor
- Site management of all aspects of Route Clearance works to ensure they are delivered safely, to programme, to the required standards and within budget
- Be involved in development of short-term plans and programmes
- Review resource numbers with sub-contractor required to meet the programme
- Review requirement of Critical resource with Sub-contractor
- Review and monitor quality of workmanship
- Support and work with Project Engineer/Sub Agent
- Co-ordinate with supervisors to ensure that daily works reports are fully completed for each shift and are submitted to Head Office
- Close and frequent communication with engineers and supervisors to relay information
- Meet and communicate with clients representatives (Construction Managers, Site Managers, Engineers etc.) to ensure their projects are delivered to their satisfaction
- Ensure that “for construction” project specific drawings and specifications are used
- When working alongside other contractors on site, liaise with their site supervision to avoid any conflicts
- Ensure that site teams have the required level of protection staff i.e. COSS, machine controller, look out etc.
- Ensure that all tools / plant and equipment required are available and where applicable are tested with certificates
- Ensure Works are undertaken in line with project specific risk assessments, work package plans and task briefing sheets at all times through regular reviews on site.
- Ensure that you and your staff receive a briefing from your COSS regarding the railway safety protection in place i.e. possession details, isolation details etc.
- Carry out regular site inspections to monitor progress and check quality of installation
- Conduct regular site safety tours/inspections and compile reports
- Manage other site supervisors to ensure they carry out their regular site safety inspections.
- Enforce and instil the SPL NOTE raising policy in relation to issues of safety concerns and good practices
- Experience in supervising Civils works and operatives on the projects.
- Valid PTS an OLEC 1 qualification (minimum)
- Computer literacy including various software programmes.
- Willingness to travel and to learn and open minded for new technologies
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and support as required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Full driving license and vehicle
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to stay calm and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel to different locations as and when required.